Stepper motor drive 12-30V 3A, with RS-485 (Modbus / simple text)
Availability: 10 in stock
Delivery date: 24-48 hours
Description: advanced bipolar stepper drive
Ministep in an advanced stepper motor drive. Movements are commanded via its RS-485 interface with high-level functions, the drive takes care of the generation of the configurable ramps and currents. Using this drive it becomes easy to control a stepper motor from a PLC or from a PC, even with interpreted of scripting languages; the drive, once told where to send the motor, is in charge of all the motor management details. Thanks to the RS-485 data line, it is possible to connect in parallel several drives (and other I/O modules), even at great distances. Ministep also has 3 inputs and a Ready output; so it is possible to interact with other devices such a quadrature encoder to implement a closed-loop control. Otherwise, the inputs can be used to control the drive with Step/Direction signals, and an added input to reduce the current in stand-by. In this latter case, the RS-485 can be used only to set up the drive and then save the settings in the internal flash memory.
- Power supply from 12 to 30 volts D.C.
- Driving current pp to 3A continuous (6A peak)
- Full step, half step, and up to 1/16 microstepping
- Configurable currents for hold, run, acceleration and deceleration
- Completely programmable speed profiles
- Commands for absolute and relative positioning, and other advanced functions
- 3 general purpose, limit switch or encoder inputs; 1 Ready/Busy digital output
- Configurable from rotary selector, dip-switches, and internal flash memory
- Internal watch-dog for safety and reliability
- 2 status LEDS
- Electronic circuit completely embedded in resin
- Plastic case with fixing loops
- RS-485 interface with Modbus protocol and/or simple text commands
(The connections are available on extractable terminal block).
The inputs (0-30V) can be used in different ways:
- all are readable from RS-485, and have an associated counter
- FC can be connected to a switch to obtain precise resets (zeros)
- I2 and I3 can be used to command the drive via Step/Direction signals
- I2 and I3 can also be used to connect an incremental quadrature encoder
The Modbus protocol is a well established industrial protocol, functional and easy to use. Alternatively, the simple text command protocol is even more easy to implement, and suitable for small computers / scripting languages.
Download: supporting software
This utility can interact with the drive and set/save the core settings. Extract the archive in a chosen folder, and run the excutable.
Further documentation and materials are available online in the Ministep technical page.