Description: a small, professional I/O module
Minimod is the smallest member of a range of modules designed with special characteristics: distribuited I/O, power outputs and inputs, noise-resistant communication line for long distances, distribuited computing, local watch-dog for system integrity and safety.
By using these concepts, cabling is reduced together with difficulties of both designing and repairing; the overall latency is kept low (system more responsive) thanks to several facilities implemented by the device.
Minimod features 3 digital inputs (5-30V) e 4 power outputs (12-30V): it is the ideal solution when using a PC and few I/Os to manage, but on the RS-485 bus it is possible to connect many devices with different addresses, so the number of I/Os can be augmented at will.
Thanks to the Modbus protocol, a well established standard robust and common, it is easy to connect the device to most controllers, be them PCs or PLCs. It is also available a simple text protocol to avoid Modbus libraries - using simple commands like "?XCOUNT1" or ">Y1=1" it is possible to operate the device, even from a shell script or batch file.
The firmware of Minimod can relief the controller from heavy real-time duties, by implementing input conditioning, counters, pulse generators, blinkers and automatic output management.
Datasheet / User manual (PDF, ~660Kib)
- Power supply: 12-30 V c.c.
- 3 digital inputs (5-30 volts)
- 4 power outputs (suitable for inductive loads) 2A (max 4A in total)
- RS-485 interface with Modbus or simple text protocolos
- Monitored outputs (feedback)
- Watch-dog for feedbacks e communication loss
- Settings by dip-switch/rotary selector and internal flash memory
- Circuit completely embedded in resin
- Plastic case with fixing loops
- Dimensions: mm 96 x 34 x 58